20110331

Review: Wet n Wild Eye Makeup Remover

 

Wet n Wild Eye Makeup Remover
3 fl oz/88.7 ml
199.00php

(^-^) Yay Points:
  • Oil-free
(T.T) Boo Points:
  • Scent; a yucky mix of alcohol and fruit something
  • It stings!!
  • Performance in makeup removal; below expectation
  • Price; expensive considering its performance

Fallout: 
When I first started doing reviews, I was set to, at least, use all the product in its entirety before publishing my conclusion so to provide the most honest feedback. However, after using this makeup remover yesterday and today - I'm convinced that I couldn't wait to finish this bottle. In fact, I do not see myself using this ever again. :( 

Yeah, it's that bad. 

I first tried this after work yesterday, I wore the same golden eyeshadow I used in this demo and the black cream shadow as my eyeliner - I somehow skipped mascara that day (a blessing in disguise, really!) and I remember how my eye stung like crazy right after my first swipe. I tried to be positive and gave this product another chance (today, in the same eye makeup - sans mascara) and I got the same reaction. To think that my cotton ball wasn't dripping of this product in anyway; so, there's no chance that I somehow soaked my eyeballs out - leading me to conclude that the product itself is really just not good to use on my eyes. So yeah, it's great that I skipped mascara on my lashes here; because who knows how hard it would be to remove and how much discomfort I would need to endure. 

Ok, to my next bit - It smells nasty! Booo!

As I mentioned in my Ever Bilena Makeup Remover review, I am normally not that fuzzy when it comes to scents unless it's really that gross. Well, this is it! Immediately after I opened the container by removing the foil-seal, I was hit (hard) by this strong alcoholic (?) smell that is heavily laid with fruit-something scent. I cannot decipher the smell exactly because it was just so overpowering and, honestly, headache inducing. 

Now, think of that yucky smell, pour it on your cotton ball to remove makeup on your face, eyes and nose... Yeah... Not good in anyway. 

Performance-wise, I was not impressed. Not at all.

Check this out: 

The basics:

1. Wet n Wild Eye Makeup Remover
2. Human Heart Nature Balancing Face Toner


1. G-Lish blush in Tutu and Pinched
2./3. Fashion 21 Trio eyeshadow - green and gold
4./5. ELF Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Black Licorice - black and silver


6. Maybelline Unstoppable mascara
7. Dream Girl liquid liner
8. ELF primer stick
9. G-Lish Lusterstick in Homecoming Queen


10. Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals foundation in Apricot Sand

After applying some foundation over the back of my hand. I went ahead and swatch my everyday blush, some eyeshadow over primer, cream shadows, mascara, liquid liner and, of course, some lip color. :)
Moisten a piece of cotton ball with some product.
First swipe.
Second swipe.
 Third swipe.
 Fourth swipe... O-oh...
Fifth swipe... As you can see ( I hope) after 5 swipes - there are still some smudges of cream shadow/mascara/liner showing  on my knuckle.
After running a cotton ball with a little splash of toner over the area, this is what I got... There are still some black shadow/mascara/liner leftover smudges.

Though I have no issue with the removal of the blush and powder eye shadows - I am not inclined to believe that the same mascara and liner I used in my other makeup remover review suddenly got better in this demo. Could this be the cream eyeshadow (not part of the swatches in my Ever Bilena Makeup Remover review)? Could be. But, with it still visible after 5 swipes is unacceptable - considering that it stings and stinks, too. So, there's definitely an issue about the capability of this makeup remover to remove makeup - which is just bad. :( 

With that said, I'm sad to say that I would have to chuck this - never mind my Project Pan thingy. The headache it gives me, poor performance and eyeball torture is not something I am willing to live with; plus the price v. Ever Bilena. No-oh. 

And, the search for my bestest makeup remover is still on... :)


My Disclosure

2 comments:

  1. ermmm... hav you tried leaving the cotton on for a few seconds? :) if it doesn't melt the makeup off it's a NO GO hehehe. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i can probably do that. but i don't think i can stand the smell and the sting it gives my eyes. :( so yeah, this is a no go for me. i'm currently using etude house makeup remover and it is really promising - so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete