Ever Bilena Advance Makeup Remover (Eye and Lip)
2.7 fl oz/80 ml
95.00php
(^-^) Yay Points:
- Price; very inexpensive (approx 2.20usd)
- Performance in makeup removal; excellent!
- Availability; widely available in the Philippines. Can be found at Watson's and major department stores nationwide.
- It stings my eye when trying to remove mascara.
Fallout:
I have been using this for a couple of months now (as shown in some of my previous haulage posts) and have always been unsure if this is really the one for me. My uncertainty over this product dragged on for months, sad - I know, but, I now have reached my final verdict.
First off, I have nothing bad to say about its capability to remove makeup because this, I think, is the cheapest in the market that does the job. It does what it promises - it removes foundation, blush, eyeshadow over primer, liquid liner, mascara and glittery/shimmery lip product (quite effectively, actually).
Here's a little demo for this...
The basics:
1. Ever Bilena Advance Makeup Remover
2. Human Heart Nature Balancing Face Toner
1. Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals foundation in Apricot Sand
2. G-Lish blush in Tutu and Pinched
3. Elf primer stick
4. Elianto eyeshadow in sorta asparagus green
5. Dream Girl liquid liner
6. Maybelline Unstoppable mascara
7. G-Lish Lusterstick in Homecoming Queen
Here, I applied some foundation on the back of my hand as a base for the swatches. I even put some primer before smudging the eyeshadow so to replicate what I would normally do on my lids. :)
Popped a good amount of product on my cotton ball for the test...
First wipe.Second wipe.
Third wipe.
After three swipes of the makeup remover, the area is noticeably makeup free; and to make sure that there's really no product left, I tried swabbing it with toner and this is what I got.I am guessing that the smudges of foundation would have came from the surrounding areas and not really under the other makeup products I removed. I mean, on my first swipe alone, both the blush and the eyeshadow were easily taken off. And though, there's a little difficulty with the liner and mascara - I'm thinking that's understandable because these are marketed as smudge-proof products, anyway. :)
Ok, other points worth mentioning about this makeup remover are:
- It's not especially greasy - nothing a good face wash can fix after removing your makeup (which, I thoroughly recommend).
- It does not stink - ok, so, I'm not super crazy with smells and it takes a lot for me to remember a certain kind (bad or good). For this one, honestly, I can't remember how this smells and I can't sniff to check because I have yucky-stuffy nose right now. Bleh. :(
- It did not irritate my skin to cause breakouts. Big yay!
However, with all these said - there's this one thing that bothered me. Quite badly, actually.
It's that sting that I get when using this product to remove mascara on my lashes. This could just be me, I wouldn't be surprised. It's a discomfort I thought I could live with (considering the price); but, obviously not. After months of foregoing my comfort over some pesos saved... of waiting for the day that my eyes will finally get used to the burning-esque sensation... naaaah. I've finally admitted defeat here and will now move on. I really can't afford to further injure my eyes because of this. So, no, I will not buy this product again.
So, my makeup remover quest is still on.... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment