20101120

Tag: My Makeup Story

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I did not start wearing full on makeup until last year. Yeah, I'm a late bloomer, but I know for a fact that I'm not alone here and there are still some who hasn't started yet or some others who never will. :|


2. How did you get into makeup?
This all started in my younger years (think mid to late 80's, people) when I got hooked on playing with my mom's makeup and trying all her face stuff. I know I had fun because I didn't really stopped, I mean, look at me now, right? In high school, I used lip glosses; but, only got to wear real makeup on dance nights. Actually, having my face and nails done is the highlight of my prom night. The prettified feeling that I get after coming out of the beauty parlor (yep, beauty parlor) that my aunt owns, then donning the dress that was custom made. Yeah, I lovelovelove that feeling. Definitely. :) Now, in college, like most kids, I was not overflowing with money and just too short of time - all the time. However, I did find a way to put on a little powder and a little blush from time to time. 
My makeup story further evolved (?!) when I joined the workforce - aka, when I started to earn. Since then, my spending power skyrocketed and with that came my love-hate-lovelovelove relationship with makeup. I officially started with taking good care of my skin, from professional facials (that I hardly get to do these days - sad), masks, cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. Then, I added foundation, blushes, lipglosses and lipsticks to the mix. And just lately, eyeshadows, mascara and concealers rounded up the group. Ooh! and makeup brushes! Love those! :D


3. What are some of your favorite brands? 
I only use drugstore brands because they're cheap and works perfectly well. I use products from Maybeline, Covergirl Revlon, Victoria's Secret, and In2It - to name a few. 


4. What does makeup mean to you? 
Well, definitely not a necessity in my life, but it makes my day more fun. I like putting on makeup whenever I go out of my house because of the confidence boost it gives me. It just makes me feel more beautiful. :D


5. If you could only 4 products on your face, what would they be? 
Not counting skin care (moisturizer), I'll go with foundation, blush, eyebrow and lip gloss. :) 


6. What is your favorite thing about makeup? 
As I mentioned earlier - the confidence boost and the way it makes me feel more girly. 


7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high-end makeup? 
Since I don't feel that makeup is a necessity in my life and I am not married to Manny Pacquiao (note: not that I want to), I think drugstore makeup are practical and reasonable. However, if I was Oprah rich I see no reason not splurging on some YSL, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Gurlein and Dior for my face. 


8. What is one makeup tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 
Considering that I'm still just starting out - my tip is to practice, experiment and have fun. That's what I do! :) 


9. What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
Hmm, okay, I'm going with black lipstick. It's just weird and not pretty, at all. :p 


10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube? 
I say, generally, it's a fun group of enthusiasts with a lot of things to say. Though, there are also a whole lot of drama on the side, I learned so much from this group and still am! :) So yeah, I'm thankful I found this community.

No comments:

Post a Comment