20110403

Review: Caimei Extra Care Hot-Oil Treatment


Caimei Extra Care Hot-Oil Treatment
680 g
approx 150.00 php

(^-^) Yay Points:
  • Price; cheap - lots of product
  • Texture; creamy
(T.T) Boo Points:
  • Scent; a little too chemically smelling for my taste
  • Performance; not impressive
  • Packaging; comes in a tub - wide open to nastiness all around

Fallout:
Let me just say that almost all the information written in the tub is in some foreign language - I'm not sure of it's Chinese or Japanese. The only things that are in English are: 
Contains pro-vitamin B5, which can moisturize hair, brighten hair
Repair Damaged Hair - Hair Treatment - 60
Repairing Hot Oil Cream
Caimei professional hair care products can deeply protect and moisturize hair dryness and toughness, prevent hair splitting and improve hair aging, effectively reduce hair scurf and make your hair clean, healthy and smooth like silk.
Moisturize dry damaged hair and hair difficult to comb, provide nutrition, repair damaged hair and make hair soft, moisture, smooth and elastic.
So anyway, I was looking for a hair treatment/conditioner that is cheap and can make my hair soft and moisturized. I really do not have "damaged hair" due to heat nor do I have split-ends - however, I feel that my hair needs more moisture, and a little extra softness is a huge plus. Then, I found this. I got this a couple of months back thinking that this might be a pleasant surprise for me. 

Now, here's the story...

Lemme start this off with the thing that I most like about this product - its texture. 


Caimei has the right kind of creaminess that I am looking for in hair treatments and conditioners. It is luxuriously spreadable and doesn't slide off wet hair. So, yay texture! 

...

Ok now, about its performance - I would say that I was not impressed. If I were to rate this between 1 to 5 (with 5 being the highest), I would give Caimei a 1.25 to 1.5 (max). 

Though, it made my hair soft in the shower and a few hours after; it, however, did not deliver its promise of moisture and smoothness (that I was looking for). 

A few side notes: 
  • I could not comment on its ability to repair damaged hair because I do not have damaged hair. 
  • I did not see or feel any obvious impact on how easily I can now comb my hair or remove any tangles.
  • I also cannot say that there's an improvement on the cleanliness of my hair because I'm pretty confident that when I get out of the shower, I really make sure that my hair is clean. Hahahhaa! :)
  • But, I need to say though, that even if I was not exactly happy with the product - I appreciate the fact that it did not give me any nasty gifts (aka dandruffs). I mean, its one thing that it did not fully deliver its promise, but it's totally a different thing if it left me with a flaky scalp. Eww!

Aside from its performance, I was not especially adoring its smell and how it made my hair smell after using it. It has a chemical kind of thing going on that I do not enjoy wearing all day. :( Who does, really? :|

Another thing - and this just might be me, but I'm not excited about its packaging. I normally prefer using products like these in tubes because I tend to think that I have much control over how much I use and that I'm not somehow contaminating it (since, I'm not using my fingers to scoop it out). :| 

With that said, I am on my last dollop and I plan to finally finish the whole tub off tonight. Honestly, it still amazes me how I ever got to this point. I was not in love with this product but I'm on my way to putting it in my Project Pan bin. 

Haha. I guess my strategy worked (I only use this product on the weekends when I'm home and on days where I go to work with my hair up)! :) I mean, even if I'm not head over heels, I do not want to just throw it out - it's tolerable anyway. :)

Oh, another side note: 
  • There's a big 60 in the front of the tub with some Chinese/Japanese letters. I think it says I can use this product for 60 seconds on my hair for every use to get its promised results. Hmmm, the characters could also say a totally different thing... Maybe its 60 minutes? Or, maybe it's says GO?? I dunno. :)

Anyway, I am now ready to leave this (I will not repurchase) and move on to another hair treatment with another promise. 

I hope to get my pleasant surprise real soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment