I'm really starting to get majorly concerned here. I have been reading through websites (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) and some printed information about the nasty ingredients swimming in our beauty products. And as you lovelies know - there's A LOT! Ranging from simple enough components like talc to mineral oils to parabens to those with tongue twistery names like bismuth oxychloride and methylisothiazoline to those with acronyms like SLS/SLES and ALS/ALES. Whew!
Hayz. I was even at the point where I wanted to sieve all my products to see how many of the things I have might be giving me bad vibes (?) already. Like how much parabens have I been putting on my face in a daily basis and how many carcinogens have I been lathering on my skin every night before I sleep?
Yikes, right?
It is a scary world out there. And these little makeup monsters aren't doing me any good. But, I figured, where do I begin and stop right here. I mean, as much as I wanted to just use all organic, zero-synthetic chemicals life - it will be hard. Very hard, in fact. Not only is it going to be difficult to get products like those here (Philippines), logistics will again pose as another road block because of cost (shipping, tax, etc). Another thing to consider is marketing, how can I be really sure of the stuff in these products. We know that we are still just basing our consumer judgement on what we are told. So, how can I be sure that what was told is true, really?
Hmm.. A dilema, ya?
Well, anyway, I figured that I do not have the luxury to worry myself too much on these things. I really do not want to live my life in constant fear of the things around me - it would suck bigtime living that way. So, I figured, I will need to not get over myself with this and stand back for a while.
I will eventually die and mainly its just a matter of when, where and how. Well, if I can control any of these I would like to die looking good. Hahaha. Ok that might not be the best thing to say here. Let me try one more time. If I can control any of these - I would go for dying happy and content. Would I get this by obsessing over the things I purchased or will purchase in the future for ingredients that might be bad for my health? Honestly, no. It will just bring me wrinkle-causing, sleep-robbing stress that I do not need in my life. I will get to the happy and content state by doing things that I love and having fun every way I can.
However, knowing what I know right now - will I just drop this subject off and live a life full of pore clogging oils and carcinogenic dyes? Errrrr, nope. There is no doubt that I will be checking the ingredients of my products and the ones that I will consider buying from now on. Also, I will probably not be buying those chock full of scientific names at the back - that's for sure. But, again - breathe in... breathe out... I will not fuss over this. I will try to avoid the best that I can but will not go bonkers about it.
Maybe, to make up for the little monsters in my products, I can compensate by drinking more than 8 glasses a day.. and eating an apple a day.. throw in move veggies and fruits in my meals.. add regular exercise.. You know - all that good stuff just to cover my bases (at least). *Winkwink
Balanced life.. The good, the bad, the ugly and pretty fun things. Let's enjoy this lovely day! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment