It's Saturday night and I overslept - again. Today, instead of going out I figured to just stay low this weekend and do a facial. Also because lately, I am seeing more and more pimples saying, "Hi" - not good!
Right. So, here's the very easy egg white and honey mask for oily, acne-prone skin (my skin!!!).
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon egg white
1 tablespoon honey
Directions:
1. Separate the egg white and yolk. Set aside enough egg white to cover your face.
Believe me, you do not need all the white part of an egg for your face (unless your face is as big as a satellite dish). A tablespoon of the stuff should be enough without wasting precious egg white. :)
2. Add honey and mix well.
3. Put a thin layer of petroleum jelly on lips; then, steam face.
I apply petroleum jelly before doing a face sauna to protect my lips and to make them soft and smooth after the steam.
For the face sauna/steam thingy, I just put some hot water in a bowl, and hold my head over the steam with a towel over my head to trap the, umm, steam. :D
4. Apply mask all over the face avoiding the eye area.
5. Leave to dry for 10-15 minutes.
6. Wash face with clean warm water.
7. Seal off by splashing face with cold water.
This is to close our pores and to seal the goodness this mask has to offer.
8. Pat dry.
9. Moisturize.
Number one - This is unbelievably easy to do. This is something that I can honestly do everyday!
Number two - Raw egg stinks!!! This should be more of a beware and shouldn't be on number two but I'm too lazy. But, yeah. People beware, raw egg stinks! Coincidentally, if you are allergic to eggs, please consult your common sense. PLEASE.
Number three - As I mentioned in my other mask post, I did the face sauna before this and showered afterwards. And I can really say that steaming my face is much more luxurious somehow. It made me feel like this mask will work doubly well because of the opening my pores action the steam contributed in this bit. PS. I rambled there; please excuse me. :)
Number four - So, what did I do with the egg yolk and the leftover egg white? I poached it in the microwave and fed it to Miss Moss. :D
My verdict:
Easy peasy a little stinky.
5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment