20100711

Tutorial: Banana and Honey Facial Mask

It is Sunday once more; the very day before the dreadful work week. It has been my little ritual to treat myself to some home-spa lovin' before I get hit on the face with Monday (and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday). So, I went on Youtube for some inspiration and found this banana and honey mask recipe. I figured - well, there's a bunch of bananas in the kitchen and we just grocery shopped the other day and stocked on honey... Why not give this a try (and document it as well)?


This banana and honey facial mask is good for those with oily, acne-prone skin (my skin). 

Ingredients:
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
1. Cut and mash banana in a small saucer. 


2. Pour honey on to the mashed banana. 


3. Mix thoroughly.


4. Apply on to clean dry face. 
5. Leave for 10-15 minutes to dry. 
6. Wash face with clean warm water. 
7. Pat dry. 
8. Moisturize. 

Ok, so, here's my take after doing this. 

Number one - Surprisingly, I do not need 1/2 banana to cover my face. I ended up throwing away a lot of this mixture. So, yeah, 1/4 of a banana will do. 

Number two - Next time, I will try not to be lazy again and do a face sauna first before putting on a mask. Just to make sure that my pores are open and will help absorb the goodness in this mask.

Number three - Will try to seal off my skin (after rinsing it with warm water) with ice. 

Number four - Do this before taking a shower. When the mask dried off, it was a little hard removing everything and I was afraid something's still stuck on my face and, maybe, even hair; so, I jumped back in the shower. It's inconvenient that way. 

My verdict:
This facial mask is good, easy and cheap. 
My skin felt smooth and soft after drying. 
I will definitely do this again! :) 
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment